On behalf of Michigan Makers, particularly Sandy Ng, Alex Quay, Amber Lovett, and Stephen Liu, as well as special guest Jeff Sturges of Mt. Elliott Makerspace, thank you to everyone who attended our two-Saturday conference Making Maker Learners on April 18 and 25. Check out the design thinking challenge completed by one group above: creating a locker combination practice prototype!
Here are some links to materials we used:
Please fill out this evaluation and sign up if you’d like to hear about future events.
And, as a recap, here are the links from Day 1 (April 18):
- Slide deck
- List of maker activities
- Blank templates for board games
- Need dice for your board game? Try these paper ones from Crayola
- MyCreate app for stop-motion animation
- Silhouette Cameo cutter
- Squishy Circuits web site
- Makers as Innovators book series
- MaKey MaKey site
- LittleBits site
- Michigan Makers feature story and video in University Record
- Mt. Elliott Makerspace website
- Tumblewings/Big Mouth glider template
- Video about Mt. Elliott Makerspace
This workshop was made possible by support from the University of Michigan Third Century Initiative and the University of Michigan School of Information Founder’s Fund. We are about to begin a three-year IMLS grant to provide additional statewide professional development about making and make-to-manufacture. Stay tuned for more news about physical and virtual workshops in 2016 and beyond!